Known as "Berk's Builders," Shovelhelms use their scooping chins to dig and their hard heads to hammer, making them very handy to have around!
Shovelhelms' colors range from chartreuse to aquamarine with purple to brown stripes. They have large fangs on their lower jaw and possess a frill on the back of their heads. Their tails are paddle-shaped, which might also be used for their building abilities. They possess stubby arms, but they have been seen to rest or even stand on them, making it semi-quadrupedal. The digging chin ledge, the hammer like head and the flat paddle like tail all used for building, this dragons behavior and abilities are most likely based off of beavers. Shovelhelms have a similar appearance to Snafflefangs and Thunderclaws, with their large bodies, strong hind legs and small forelimbs. Shovelhelms have a solid ridged crest on the back of their skulls, and a very long pointed chin. They come in all sorts of colours with splodgy, usually at least 2 different colours.Their tails are fin-like, possibly also used for their building abilities. It has stubby arms, but they have been seen to rest or even on them, making it semi-quadrupedal.
The Shovelhelm might be very sociable to other dragons because of its unique abilities. It's possible that this dragon might work with or for other dragons, such as the Bewilderbeast for nest building.
These dragons aren't particularly fast in the air nor on the ground. They are very simple and docile, and can have their feelings hurt very easily.
Between the eyes, the sides and behind.
Coax them with fish, if they are curious in you let them help you build something.
- The Shovelhelm is the fifth dragon to have its name released after its appearance. The others are the Thunderclaw, Snifflehunch, Windstriker, Thornridge, and Threadtail.
- The head of a Titan winged Shovelhelm bares somewhat of a resemblance to the head of Styracosaurus albertensis.
- The Shovelhelm's paddle-shaped tail is similar to a manatee's.
- It is possible that this dragons abilities and behavior is probably based on that of a beaver.
- The Shovelhelm was created using a modular system to mix and match preset body parts onto different dragons. It was created from the same base that was used for the Snafflefang, Snifflehunch, Thunderclaw, and three other unknown dragons.