伐木龍是一種巨大的龍種。它的頭部看起來與Monstrous Nightmare的形狀相似，並且有一個細長的脖子，身體和尾巴。 它的翼展很大，還有像這樣的其他龍，每個翼都有至少2個鉤子，這表明它有四個“四肢”從它的兩側伸出來。在龍訓練學院的“如何訓練你的龍”網站遊戲中證實，它使用這些四肢移動，如“腿”。
它的身體形狀與颱風回旋龍完全相似，但是“無腿”。伐木龍是一種巨大的龍種。它的頭部看起來與Monstrous Nightmare的形狀相似，並且有一個細長的脖子，身體和尾巴。 它的翼展很大，還有像這樣的其他龍，每個翼都有至少2個鉤子，這表明它有四個“四肢”從它的兩側伸出來。在龍訓練學院的“如何訓練你的龍”網站遊戲中證實，它使用這些四肢移動，如“腿”。 它的身體形狀與颱風回旋龍完全相似，但是“無腿”。
Timberjacks are sensitive creatures, and prefer peace and solitude in their forest homes. They do not take to being disturbed and will respond violently. If attacked, offended or betrayed, they will start flailing their massive wings, which are as sharp as guillotines! On the ground, they will fold their wings up like a giant tent! They make nests out of the wood and logs it collects.
The Timberjack's only appearance in the film is in the Dragon Manual when Hiccup is attempting to research information on the Night Fury. Like most dragons in the Dragon Manual, the Timberjack is considered "extremely dangerous" and should be "killed on sight".
It is described in the manual as being one of the dragons in the Sharp Class, which are marked by vanity and a sharp weapon (in this case, the Timberjack's wings). This dragon attacks from out of the sky with its razor-sharp wings. It can slice through a forest of trees like a giant guillotine. It also has the ability to shoot hot, explosive embers. The Timberjack possesses no arms or legs, only its wings and long tail; but has been seen to stand up on its tail like a snake. Unfortunately, its long wings make it impossible for the dragon to scratch its back. However, it has been discovered that if one scratches any hard-to-reach places for it, the Timberjack will be your friend forever. On page 200567
A few Timberjacks (at least five) were seen flying with Hiccup and Toothless, with Soaring Sidekick being the possible name of their leader. Later, Hiccup speculated that they might find a few Timberjacks on 'Itchy Armpit'.
Abilities and Weaponry
Razor Sharp Wings
Timberjacks is large dragon with its broad, razor sharp wings that can cut through a forest of trees. They can use their wings to fold around weary riders like a makeshift tent that can be use for protection and warmth from the elements and from other dragons. Physically, their main weaponry is their wings that can slice through a forest of trees. It can be used for offensive or defensive goals. According to Rise of Berk, the Timberjack's wings are not only great at slicing trees, but they are also tough and have the ability to absorb a great deal of punishment. The fact that they have strong wings was later reinforced in School of dragons as it has the 'Tough' Factor.
They can fire a few drops of oil-based fire to burn the kindling wood it has chopped and collected.
根據Rise of Berk，伐木龍利用其堅韌的機翼來抵禦攻擊，同時準備發動fire nova攻擊。
Source: Dragons: Rise of Berk
- The Timberjack that Bork met (see Book of Dragons)
- Soaring Sidekick
- Axewing (see Dragons: Rise of Berk)
- The Timberjack is one of the bigger dragons like the Scauldron, Typhoomerang, Boneknapper, Whispering Death, Screaming Death and the Snaptrapper.
- The Typhoomerang's body shape and design may have been based on a Timberjack, except with legs.
- Given the above note (if it's true), the Timberjack might not appear in Wild Skies, as it would basically be the same as having another Typhoomerang, except with no legs.
- The Timberjack's name is a portmanteau of the words "timber" and "lumberjack".
- In School of Dragons, there is a Timberjack named Stokehead. He is used only in the Hero Dragons Flying Course through a forest. This means he could belong to someone, but to who is unknown. Another Timberjack is seen in School Of Dragons as a taxi for people to fly to other maps without a flying dragon, however it is most likely still Stokehead. Besides the Timberjack in Book of Dragons, and the Timberjacks in How To Train Your Dragon 2, these game Timberjacks are some of the only ways we can see the Timberjack's attributes.
- Stokehead is also seen in Rise of Berk, as a Unique dragon. The description states that Stokehead sometimes joined Hiccup and Toothless in flight above the forests of Berk.
- In How to Train Your Dragon 2, a group of Timberjacks are seen flying with Hiccup and Toothless, one of which is known as Soaring Sidekick.
- The Timberjack appears to be the symbol on the cover of the Book of Dragons.
- The Timberjack likes to collect wood, which it uses to attack people and other dragons. It does this by secreting a few drops of oil based fire to burn them.
- The Timberjack is actually one of the kinder dragons on Berk. This is evidenced by the fact that, on the ground, it likes to use its wings like a makeshift tent to shelter weary riders, keeping them warm and safe from the elements and other dragons.
- The Timberjack is normally a very peaceful dragon (this is the reason that it lives in peaceful forests), but can be dangerous if angered, betrayed, or offended.
- When a Timberjack attacks, it is known to flail its wings around, chopping anything in their path with the sharp edges of their wings.
- Even though it's wingspan is huge, the Timberjack can slice through trees in its way without hindering its flight.
- Judging from their name, attacks, and lifestyle, Timberjacks probably spend most, if not all of their life in dense, wooded forests. However, the Dragon Riders have flown through several forests and a Timberjack has never been shown. This could be because they don't live all the time in forests, they are really secretive, or just don't live in the specific forests that the riders were flying through.
- The Timberjack likes serenity, but can be very fierce when they are attacking something, or protecting their riders.
- The Timberjack seems to have a stringy "beard" under it's snout. Since the traditional lumberjack tends to have a beard, this makes the Timberjack even more similar to a lumberjack.
- In the Timberjack's segment in Book Of Dragons, the Timberjack that sliced Bork has teeth facing downward, while all the other Timberjack's teeth face upward. This could be a difference between genders, a difference between ages, or just a mistake on the part of the animators.
- Although the Timberjack has yet to appear in the TV show, it was mentioned in Total Nightmare by Hiccup as one of the dragons that Snotlout could ride.
- Even though Timberjacks were shown to be able to walk in video games, Art Brown and Doug Sloan revealed that walking is the Timberjack's weakness. That means they must spend most of their time in the air, and bringing a Timberjack close to the ground is an easy way to take one down.