The Razorwhip is a four-legged dragon with a long, slender neck, as well as metal-like, reflective scales. It has a long ledge on the top of its snout and a short, stumpy one on the bottom. Its body shape appears similar to a Windstriker covered in metal armor and two talons on each foot. The Razorwhip appears to have a short, spiky sail and has spikes all along its wings. Its teeth seem to wrap around the edge of its mouth, and it has high ridges over its eyes that resemble eye-lashes. The Razorwhip's snout mostly resembles that of a baryonyx.
Razorwhips are reclusive by choice, due to extreme mistrust of both humans and dragons. However, those who are able to prove their worthiness to a Razorwhip will have made a powerful friend and ally for life.
Arguably one of the most dangerous dragons, the Razorwhip has an aggressive and deadly nature. In addition to the dangers implied by its name, Razorwhips possess a barrage of alternative defenses and skills, such as lacrimal toxins (poisonous tears) and extreme precision and maneuverability in flight.
Speed and Agility
Razorwhips have been shown to be quite acrobatic dragons as their metal-like bodies have no lack of flexibility at all. They are able to twist their neck and their tail as well. They can also tie themselves into a knot, according to Bucket.
It was shown from Windshear that Razorwhip speed are fast enough to be near as Night Fury.
Strength and Combat
The Razorwhip has shown to be able to pull a tree off the ground quickly, and drag it in the air at full speed without any struggle. They were described to be as powerful as a Typhoomerang, as Windshear fought one. But it is unknown who had won, and Windshear was badly wounded. It is described to be as strong as a Typhoomerang meaning they could lift possible amount the weight that Torch has done in the past.
Razorwhip from the Dragon Arena was shown to be able to fight against Toothless the Night Fury as it was able to leave scratch on the foot fast enough before Toothless could react to dodge but soon was defeated in short battle from intelligent battler.
The Razorwhip has a telescopic tail that it can use as a whip. and can even be used to grip objects. This tail is also
extremely sharp, seen to be able to cut wood and rock. The rest of their body is quite flexible. The Dragon Eye indicates that a Razorwhip can use its tail to squeeze the life out of its victim.
Like Deadly Nadders and Whispering Deaths, Razorwhips can shoot spines from their tails. They are incredibly sharp
and can pierce through wood with utmost ease. The sharp barbs are compared to that of a Speed Stinger's by Fishlegs.
The Razorwhip's breath can burn the flesh off a human from a hundred feet away. The intense heat of the Razorwhip's
fire can be shown from its bright blue color. However, it might have been an exaggeration from the Dragon Eye, because the twins, Snotlout and Barf and Belch were able to survive at very close impact.
Razorwhips have extremely poisonous tears.
Endurance and Stamina
As it was shown that Razorwhip is able to take the attacks from Typhoomerang but can take serious damage from large opponent according to Heather as her dragon Windshear has proven needed to be treatment of care to heal. As for Razorwhip like Windshear took amount of pain from Shattermaster the Gronckle under the belly as a sign of weakness to Razorwhip.
Razorwhip has amazing stamina as it able to travel high speed long distance as it was being chased by Night Fury like Toothless and able to still travel.
It is also shown to be highly intelligent, distracting Hiccup before hurling a tree towards them.
The Titan form is very similar to the normal Razorwhip, though is darker in color and scaling is larger. The eye color is now red.
In School of Dragons, Titans have lighter coloring, almost white. They also have extra spikes going down their neck and back.
The only vulnerability of the Razorwhip is its propensity to eat sea slugs and it seems that the belly of Razorwhip can be weak spot as proven by Dagur Shattermaster have done that makes Razorwhip drop down to the ground to be stun for short period of time.
- The Razorwhip is one of the few dragon species that doesn't have forked tongues. The others are the Flightmare, the Woolly Howl, the Snow Wraith, the Snaptrapper, the Death Song and the Triple Stryke.
- The Razorwhip looks strikingly similar to the Windstriker. This might be coincidence, or maybe the dragons are somehow closely related. They are both Sharp Class dragons.
- Razorwhips have the strongest armor of all the Sharp Class dragons.
- In the books, there is a dragon called the Razorwing, possibly part of the Razorwhip's inspiration. Both species have distinct poisons; Razorwhips have tears and Razorwings shoot darts from their mouths.
- The Razorwhip on Hiccup's map has two legs instead of four.
- The Razorwhip drawing on Hiccup's map looks very similar to the Sword Stealer.
- In School of Dragons, the Razorwhip lacks the large "eyelash." In Rise of Berk, their wings so not have extra spikes at the base.
- In Rise of Berk, it says that the Razorwhip's breath is toxic. This could be an error and got mixed up with its tears.
- Fighter Razorwhip had purple eyes, rather than green.