Striped pattern on body|
Horn on nose
Flammable gas from its rear end
|颜色||Green or Blue with Black stripes on the body, head and wings|
To help it take off, build speed, and even fly straight, this Dragon releases a blast of gas from behind. Needless to say; never sneak up on a Gobsucker!
—— Dragons: Rise of Berk
Let this dragon fight from afar. It's acid blasts my burn through enemies, but its back-gas-blast will destroy everyone else
—— Dragons: Rise of Berk Battle Text
This dragon is small in size. It has a small horn on their nose and a spiked crest on the back of its head. Their snout is broad. The Gobsucker's built is rather stocky and they have large, flat feet that resemble that of an elephant. Most Gobsuckers have stripes on their body and limbs and a pale underbelly.
According to Gobber, this dragon's ability to fly is entirely dependent on the release of explosive gases from its rear end. As such, a Viking should never approach this dragon from behind.
Unlike most dragons, which emit fire from their mouths or scales (Monstrous Nightmare), the Gobsucker shots flammable gases from its rear end. This fire does not simply serve the purpose of other dragon's fire, it helps the dragon fly straighter, faster and take off. This ability makes it hard to sneak up on a Gobsucker as anyone who approaches from behind who be a potential victim of the Gobsucker.
Gobsuckers cannot shoot any fire at someone unless they are behind them. Other than that the only attack they have is strength. Also, if it is out of shot limit it can't fly, and A downed dragon is a dead dragon.
Gobber first describes this dragon to the academy Vikings. It is later seen on the bottom of Gobber's chair. He probably uses this Dragon to move his chair around. Another Gobsucker is seen fighting with Vikings of the academy right before their first encounter with a Gronckle.
- The Gobsucker slightly resembles a Rumblehorn.
- The Gobsucker has a strong resemblance to Boulder Class dragons such as the Gronckle, the Groncicle and the Hotburple.
- Unknown Dragon 1 from How to Train Your Dragon 2 somewhat resembles a Gobsucker.
- However, Rise of Berk kept the Gobsucker's original design in game with Muddlehunt, rather then using the design of Unknown Dragon 1, meaning it's almost definitely not the same dragon
- The Gobsucker is the second dragon species that had a specific individual appear in Rise of Berk before the dragon itself did, the first being the Catastrophic Quaken (Spikeback) and the third being the Triple Stryke (Sleuther).
- Gobsuckers are mentioned to have normal fire in their battle description in Rise of Berk, however, this fire has never been seen as of yet.
- The Gobsucker's ability to blast gas to take off is similar to the Assblaster from the Tremors movies.