- 1 描述
- 2 Physical Appearance
- 3 行为和个性
- 4 能力
- 5 Weaknesses
- 6 Appearances
- 7 Trivia
- 8 References
- 9 延伸阅读
The saliva of an Eruptodon is extremely resistant to heat. This saliva can be used to protect people who are trying to enter a volcano like the one on Caldera Cay.
The Eruptodon's fire comes from the lava that it eats. It fires this lava in a series of molten fireballs. These fireballs can can cool down into hot rocks and can even construct a path that can be walked upon, albeit painfully, as seen in Saving Shattermaster.
The Eruptodon is capable of digging into the crust of a dormant volcano in order to access the lava within.
The Eruptodon's main food source is lava. Because of this, it is able to stop volcanic eruptions by eating the lava and keeping the volcano stable. Even baby Eruptodons have been shown to be capable of doing this. It is due to this ability that the Eruptodon is worshiped by the Defenders of the Wing.
If an Eruptodon does not consume lava for a long period of time, it will die. After having gone for a few days without eating on Viggo's ship, the Eruptodon became desperate and tried to attack a dormant volcano in a frenzy.
The Eruptodon only produces one egg during its lifetime. This could cripple the species, as it would make their population very small. It probably reproduces asexually, as it is a very rare and rather sedentary dragon. In addition to this, the Eruptodon on Caldera Cay is referred to as male until laying its egg and is referred to as female after.
If the egg of an Eruptodon is not immersed in lava like the kind inside the volcano on Caldera Cay, it will harden until it is like stone and the baby inside will die.
First mentioned in "Defenders of the Wing, Part 1", the only Eruptodon known to exist was found on Caldera Cay, an island ruled by Queen Mala of the Defenders of the Wing. It was known as the Great Protector. However, it was taken by the Dragon Hunters when Mala was interrogating Hiccup and his group.
In "Defenders of the Wing, Part 2", the Great Protector (a female Eruptodon) was captured by Viggo and Ryker. She was aggressive at first, then became more interested in her own survival. Mala is worried about the Eruptodon, and said that Eruptodons must constantly eat lava, or they will starve to death. But Viggo plans to use the dragon to destroy Dragon's Edge by having her feed on the lava of the Edge's dormant volcano to cause an eruption. However, Mala and the riders arrived in time to stop her before she could produce a volcanic eruption by feeding her with Gronckle lava and get her back to Caldera Cay.
The dragon made its first physical appearance in this game, during Return to Dragon Island expansion pack.
The Eruptodon will appear in this game as Magmadon was released.
- It is the first dragon (not created in a video game) which makes its first physical appearance in a game before it does in the show.
- It is the second dragon with lava-proof skin, the first being the Red Death.
- It is the second dragon that is seen as a statue before being physically seen, the first one being the Grapple Grounder.
- The Eruptodon is very phoenix-like because of the way it lives for generations then lays a single egg before it dies.
- This and the Dragon Hunters would be the top contributors to making it an endangered species.
- It is similar to the Fire Dragon from the book How to Twist a Dragon's Tale, as it is a giant, volcano-dwelling dragon whose egg can only hatch once it is immersed in lava.
- It's very likely that when the Eruptodon fires its balls of lava, the lava mixes with the Eruptodon's heat-resistant saliva, which can be the reason why its lava blasts can be cooled down to form hot rocks very quickly.
- The Eruptodon is the fourth dragon to have an individual appear in Dragons: Rise of Berk before the species itself did (Magmadon).