Double nose horn |
Horn under chin
Short fattish tail with four or more short, thin spikes on it
|喷吐物||Several, small fire streams from each dragon in the swarm that turn into a massive fireball|
Creates massive flocks to appear as a larger dragon to scare off predators |
Combining small streams of fire into a massive fireball
White for the alpha
Small: 3 feet (0.91 meters) long |
5 feet (1.52 meters) wingspan
|“||It's not one big dragon, it's tons of little ones!||”|
—— Hiccup Haddock III discovering the Night Terror flock.
They are able to form the shape of other dragons, making themselves look bigger. They even figured out their own way to get rid of the Fireworms by forming themselves into the shape of a Fireworm Queen. It is possible they had never seen a Fireworm Queen before, but they had the idea to make themselves look like a large Fireworm, hoping they would be followed by the smaller Fireworms.
The Terrors saved the island from migrating Fireworms burning it to ash. The Terrors form the shape of the Fireworm Queen to draw the Fireworms away onto a barren island, where they have nothing to burn.
Astrid and Hiccup catches the twins playing with Night Terrors even though they were supposed to be on duty. Tuffnut taught them to fetch sticks, which Hiccup failed to understand how that skill served in battle. In the Edge to Disaster part II, Ryker shot down a Night Terror on guard with a poisoned arrow.
Fishlegs found a colony of Albino Night Terrors in a cave at the Edge. They were living in isolation, making use of the supplies left behind by an ancient civilization. Thus, they were very scared of light. They treated Fishlegs as their leader and refused to let him leave.
Though it seems likely that many years ago before it was discovered by Fishlegs this cave belonged to someone else that was the original leader of the Albino Night Terrors as they found ancient language and sword with writing on it as Fishlegs was unable to read it.
Known Night Terrors
Source: Dragons: Rise of Berk
Titan winged Night Terrors have grown larger and their main body remains black while the horns and the end of their tail become blue. The ledges on top of their snout is longer and more wrinkly. Blue horn-like structures grow out of their neck and head and their claws grow sharper. Also, their whole tail is longer and appears to be sharper.
Night Terrors are incredibly weak on their own, as they have very small fire blasts, not much strength and are very scatty and jumpy without their leader, so by capturing the Alpha Night Terror you could probably take down the whole flock.
Their were shown to be more Albino Night Terrors but are afraid of the sunlight as they are cave dwellers. They were also unable to withstand clanging sounds until they adapted.
- Originally, Tuffnut wanted to call the dragons "Smidvarg and the Gang".
- The Alpha (white) Night Terror is named Smidvarg, which was given by Tuffnut, which corresponds to the name he wanted to give the dragons.
- Their ability to fly in a large group is similar to Scarers.
- The Night Terror is nocturnal in nature because its disguise as a larger dragon would fail if the predator saw the white of the Alpha and the outlines of all of the other Night Terrors in the daylight.
- Night Terrors are often used as sentries on the Dragon's Edge because, although they can be quite stubborn, if properly trained, they remain loyal and excellent guard dragons. They can swarm together in order to scare off either predators or villains away from the Dragon's Edge.
- According to Rise of Berk, Night Terrors are extremely elusive. This may be because of their skittish tendencies and the fact that many a Viking could be scared off by them while thinking they were a larger dragon.
- The Night Terror is the third black dragon to be seen in the franchise after the Night Fury and the Sword Stealer. Though they also appear dark green in Rise of Berk.
- Night Terrors are very similar to Speed Stingers.
- Both hunt in packs.
- Both are led by a leader.
- Only the lead dragon has a distinct appearance.
- They are both nocturnal.
- Both can move extremely quick.
- Both don't know what to do without the leader.
- The Red Death's roar was reused in one of the Night Terror's roar.
- Its tail looks loosely similar to that of a 模板:WP.
- The design of its head (not counting the horns) looks like the head of a parrot.