|长度（含尾）||75 英尺 (22.9 米)|
|翼展||85 英尺 (25.9 米)|
|体重||1200 磅 (544.3 千克)|
You hear the song, you're dead.
This Dragon uses his melodic call to lure his targets into the dense jungles of Melody Island. There, he can watch as they search for the source of the song.
死亡之歌使用如塞壬般美妙的歌声来引诱它的猎物到一个遥远的岛上。 The Death Song uses a siren-like song to lure its prey to a remote island. The secret behind this amazing feat is the Death Song's extra cervical vertebrate. When the Death Song calls, its extra vertebrae expands into its frills, and its song is able to be projected to specific targets up to a mile away.
These are one of the possible best dragons for hunting prey as they use their siren-like song to lure their prey to trap their prey easily, as the prey is unable to brake free.
After striking its prey, the Death Song covers it in an amber-like substance which traps and preserves victims as it hardens into a stiff amber cocoon. This cocoon is so strong, it is only penetrable by flames. Afterwards, the Death Song returns to finish its prey off. It does this by breaking the prey out of the amber and then eating them.
Death Songs are able to consume medium size dragons in under a few minutes, as shown when it supposedly devoured an entire 葛伦科龙.
Strength and Combat
Considering their size, Death Songs have strong jaw muscles, as they have been shown to lift up medium sized dragons such as the 葛伦科龙, which weighs over a few tons. It apparently can also disconnect the amber substance from the ground with its own jaw.
They are also very powerful, as it was shown to be able to defeat a smaller 雷鼓龙 by swinging its tail to the mountain and was able to hold it down with no difficulties despite its heavy weight.
Endurance and Stamina
The endurance of Death Song is great enough to endure a Thunderdrum powerful roar, able to endure boulder at high speed and crash into a terrain wall and still able to fly high speed without any difficulties to chase its enemies such as Thunderdrum and Toothless for long period of time.
Speed and Agility
Death Song have shown to be extremely fast dragon, though it's unclear that it didn't seem to be able to catch an average size Thunderdrum, though it's possible that small Thunderdrums that are the size of Thornadno are much faster then large sizes. It has been shown to be able to swing its tail around against its enemies, but has a lack of making quick turns when chasing at full speed.
Behavior and Training
Death Songs are extremely solitary. This is most likely because of the fact that they will eat any dragon who gets too close to them, including their own kind. Their preferred prey is other dragons, but they aren't adverse to eating any unwary human who strays too close to their nests. Your best chance to defeat this dragon is to ride a Thunderdrum, which is mostly immune to the Death Song's song. This is because a Thunderdrum's hearing is so poor that they are unable to hear their lullaby. Death Songs also struggle with small spaces, as they can be affected by the echo of their own song.
Unlike most dragons, the Death Song will abandon its young not long after hatching.
It's unknown if Death Songs can be trained but it could be possible with a baby Death Song like Garff as he was mimicking the trainers, songs as it could be one way to be train. As a baby Death Song, Garff was able to be calm from listening to the songs of the trainers as he can sing those songs by screeching. Garff has shown that singing can cause a bond with humans like a bond with 海瑟.
Notable Death Songs
- The first Death Song encountered (see Imperfect Harmony)
- Garffiljorg (see Tone Death)
- Garff's adoptive dragon (see Tone Death)
- Though it's stated that Death Songs abandon their young, in Tone Death, the riders managed to get a Death Song to adopt a baby Death Song that wasn't even its own.
- The Death Song is the fourth franchise dragon to have "Death" in its name, and the first dragon to have the word "Death" at the beginning of the name.
- This is the fourth dragon that appears to eat other dragons, the first being the 红死神, the second being the 炎沸龙, and the third being the 幻翼龙.
- This dragon was named by 悍夫纳特. However, 鱼脚丝 wanted to call it the Songwing.
- This was an internal joke from the producers as the Death Song was originally called Songwing, but they later renamed the species.
- The Death Song is the second dragon named by 悍夫纳特. The first was the 死亡尖啸. Coincidentally enough, both species have the word "death" somewhere in their names.
- The Death Song tends to aim at its victim's body, but spares the head. It is possible that the Death Song likes to eat its prey alive.
- It seems very unlikely that a Death Song can eat a full grown Gronckle in minutes. It is possible that it heard the gang talking to each other and came back before it could eat it.
- The amber of the Death Song was described as "golden liquid" in 驯龙学院.
- In School of Dragons, the Death Song is considered an invasive species in Berk.
- A legend of the Death Song's origins is told by the Vikings of Berk. It is called The Dragon Valkyrie.
- In School of Dragons, it is revealed that the Death Song can eat eels without getting sick, like the 台风回旋龙.
- The Death Song is, so far, the only dragon that shoots amber.
- It's strange how easily the Death Song defeated a 雷鼓龙, since they were stated to be its main weaknesses
- The Thunderdrum was also called the Death Song's natural enemy in School of Dragons
- The Death Song is one of the few dragons that doesn't have forked tongue.