Large Head and Mouth With Rotating Teeth inside |
White Bulging Eyes
|喷吐物||Concentric Rings of Fire|
Immunity of Dragon Nip
Grayish Steel Green Body |
Red Highlighted Spikes
Large: 95 feet (29 meters) Long |
7 feet 6 inches (2.29 meters) Tall
- 1 外观和特征
- 2 行为
- 3 Babies
- 4 Adults
- 5 Abilities
- 6 Weaknesses
- 7 Titan Wing
- 8 Appearances
- 9 Other Media
- 10 Known Whispering Deaths
- 11 Known Victims
- 12 Appearances
- 13 Trivia
- 14 Gallery
- 15 External link
死亡耳语十分危险，和其它大多数的龙一样，能够在吞入受害者后，用它们那六排旋转着的利齿进行咀嚼。它们通常生活在自己挖掘的地下隧道中，以从地下突然钻出的方式攻击猎物或敌人。 龙手册曾记载道，死亡耳语十分危险，一经发现，必须立即将其杀死。但是，尽管这种龙声名狼藉，它们却喜欢刷牙。在电视剧集博克岛的骑手第十四集中，鱼脚司注意到死亡耳语的眼睛对直射的阳光十分敏感，这也是为什么它们大部分时间都呆在地下。 如果死亡耳语在它们的地下隧道中发现了入侵者，它们会强行将入侵者从最近的坑中弹出。巴克特就曾遭此遭遇，但在这之后，当死亡耳语也对小嗝嗝这样做时，它却试图杀死小嗝嗝，甚至在地面上追赶他；这可能是因为巴克特仅仅是不小心掉进去的，而死亡耳语却发现小嗝嗝沿着它的地下隧道系统奔跑。或许这条龙认为小嗝嗝极大地侵犯了他的领地，又或者它在小嗝嗝的身上嗅到了无牙的味道，从而认为他们是一伙儿的。 众所周知，与其成年阶段相比，死亡耳语在婴儿阶段更具有危险性。人们认为婴儿阶段的死亡耳语不能很好地控制它们的牙齿和尖刺，并被称为“失控锯片”。年轻的死亡耳语领土意识极其强烈。
Whispering Death has the ability to use its jaw to travel quickly through solid rock. But despite their powerful jaws, they can't break through metal.
They have special ability to tunnel underground with great speeds because of their rotating sharp teeth. As these rows of teeth move backwards, it literally sucks everything in a good range in its path. This is called the Vacuum effect.
Whispering Death can breathe powerful rings of fire. An immature Whispering Death's fire is considerably weaker than an adult's.
Strength and Combat
These dragons are very strong physically according to Fishlegs, as shown by Toothless' Rival being able to throw Toothless a great distance by using its tail. They are also able to carry the weight of Alvin and Mildew by the tail.
As proven from Toothless' Rival, has proven to be one of few dragons to able to fight against Night Fury.
Speed and Agility
Their body, being long, is extremely flexible, and to fly faster, it simply spins its body in a circular motion at a higher rate. With its long, thin body, the tail often makes a whip-crack noise.
Whispering Deaths are able to shoot their spines just like a Deadly Nadder, which grow on the head and along the length of his body. According to Fishlegs they can shoot spines from any part of their body.
They have six inner rings of sharp teeth that can be rotated in opposite directions which helps the dragon to make tunnels. When these teeth move, they make a terrible and eerie noise that sounds like whispering. Hearing "The Whisper", together with the ground rumbling, are often the only two warning signs that a Whispering Death is coming from underground tunnels if it is not near the surface, throwing earth and rock. Toothless could detect the presence of one from Hiccup's bedroom, which is above ground level.
Endurance and Stamina
Whispering Deaths have high defense, being a Boulder Class dragon. They can take many attacks from their enemies as Toothless' Rival was able to fight against Toothless and even getting hit by two large boulders from catapult in the face.
Senses and Immunity
It's possible the Whispering Death's sense of smell is strong enough to track down its enemies as Toothless' Rival was able to find Toothless in Berk.
Apparently, it has an immunity to the effects of conventional Dragon Nip. When Hiccup tried to use the Dragon Nip to stop an attacking Whispering Death, sniffing it just made the dragon sneeze.
The Whispering Deaths shown have great intelligence as the babies were able to work together as a team to be able to pick up the Screaming Death and Toothless' Rival was able understand that Toothless is unable to fly.
Hunting and Fishing
Whispering Deaths are shown to hunt from underground. It is quite possible they use tunnels to trap their prey so they can hunt on their own terms. It is also implied that the Whispering Death can swim, as the hatchling Whispering Deaths were shown to bring fish to their wounded Screaming Death sibling.
Whispering Death hate sunlight so they spend their time underground. Although their teeth can break rock, they can not break through metal plating. .
Source: Dragons: Rise of Berk
Titan Whispering Deaths are armed with many more rows of larger, sharper teeth. They have bigger eyes that do not show their pupils, their eyes are encircled by a small white ring. Titan Whispering Deaths are covered with more dark blue spikes. These spikes can be found on their chin, behind their eyes, their neck and on their tail. They have pairs of purple wings with glossy blue edges. Their body is sand brown and the bottom of their chin is faint purple in color.
Source: School of Dragons
In School of Dragons, titan Whispering Deaths appear to have a crown of large, twisting horns around their heard. Their eyes remain white while the area around them turns red and they grow larger. Their spines grow thicker and appear more across their body while getting shorter near the tail. Their wings also gain a blue stripe while becoming more spiky along the edges.
Whispering Death is mentioned when Hiccup reads through Dragon Manual for information about Night Furies. Apparently, this dragon is one of the most feared dragons, as Hiccup says it's name with great fear. Extremely dangerous and must be killed on sight.
Whispering Death has a longer appearance in the short film Book of Dragons. Its characteristics and features are spoken about, as well as its' love of having its teeth brushed. It is also shown when he attacks Bork and his girlfriend, it burned Bork.
Dragons: Riders/Defenders of Berk
Whispering Death made its first appearance in the episode What Flies Beneath. This dragon had a grudge with Toothless because of some past confrontation that led to the Night Fury leaving a characteristic scar on the skin of it. Although Toothless tried to fight him on his own, his inability to fly to put him at a disadvantage. The Whispering Death almost killed Toothless, trying to knock him into a canyon. It was only after Toothless accepted Hiccup's help that the Whispering Death is defeated and, at Hiccup's insistence, spared him. Once it fled, the holes that it caused were blocked with boulders.
A Whispering Death makes another appearance. The dragon was seen in the cells on Outcast Island throughout the episode. Alvin tried to get Hiccup to train it along with two other dragons, but Hiccup fled on a Deadly Nadder leaving Alvin disappointed. At the end of the episode, Alvin finally learns to train a dragon, and bonded with a Whispering Death. Thus, Alvin reached his goal at the end of Live and Let Fly. The Outcasts put a large number of Whispering Death eggs under the tunnels of Berk, and soon, one of the eggs hatched.
Savage and some Outcasts revisited the tunnels, where many young Whispering Death had hatched and tunneled. Later, they found the Screaming Death egg, and its very large tunnel. They escaped when they heard the Screaming Death roaring in the distance.
At least three Whispering Death juveniles emerged and attacked the village. After the Whispering Deaths were driven off, the Screaming Death appeared and summoned them back. The Whispering Deaths re-engaged the riders but were eventually defeated. When the Screaming Death was wounded by Hiccup and Toothless, the Whispering Death juveniles came to its aid, carrying it to an unknown location and feeding it to aid in its recovery.
One is shown on Outcast Island where Mildew is feeding it fish. It also tried to steal his staff. After that, the mother of all the juvenile Whispering Deaths (including the Screaming Death) seen so far is also shown, sleeping above her nest. As part of the plan to rescue Stoick, Hiccup, and Toothless from Dagur, Alvin and Mildew released the dragons. They begin attacking the Berserkers, not to mention destroying the Outcast killing arena. After Fishlegs brought the Screaming Death to Outcast Island, it finally noticed its mother (the one it was looking for in the first place, and it goes berserk), yet Dagur captured and threatened to kill the mother, making the giant dragon go mad once again. Thanks to Snotlout and Hookfang's acts, the mother is freed, and the Screaming Death reunites with it's family, not forgetting to thanks Hiccup and Toothless by roaring at him before flying off with its siblings.
- How to Train Your Dragon (references)
- Book of Dragons (Meantioned)
- What Flies Beneath (first appearance in person)
- We Are A Family, Part 2
- Live and Let Fly (newly hatched)
- The Iron Gronckle (newly hatched)
- Tunnel Vision (young ones)
- Cast Out, Part 1
- When Darkness Falls
- Night of the Hunters, Part 2
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 (mentioned only)
Dragons: Wild Skies
Whispering Deaths also appears in the companion game show Dragons: Wild Skies.
Dragons: Rise of Berk
Whispering Deaths also appear in the game, Dragons: Rise of Berk. Toothless can find their eggs in Banshem, and can be trained to collect wood and fight for Berk.
Known Whispering Deaths
- Two Whispering Deaths Bork met (see Book of Dragons)
- Toothless' Rival
- Screaming Death's Mother
- Hatchling Whispering Deaths in Live and Let Fly
- Three Young Whispering Deaths in Tunnel Vision
- Whispering Death family in Cast Out, Part 2
- Young Whispering Deaths in When Darkness Falls
- Tuffnut's Death Ride
- What Flies Beneath
- We Are Family, Part 2
- Live and Let Fly
- The Iron Gronckle
- Tunnel Vision
- Cast Out, Part 2
- When Darkness Falls
- According to Astrid, the Whispering Death weights about 2,500 pounds.
- According to Gobber, a Whispering Death knows only one thing: killing. In fact it is kind of true. The Whispering Death that appeared in "What Flies Beneath" was untrainable, and one that appeared in the finale was extremely aggressive towards Hiccup and Mildew. If this saying is true, then it helps to explain why Alvin could train his Whispering Death. Like most dragons and riders, they share personality traits.
- A Whispering Death's diet includes cattle, sheep, and yaks, though it also seems to eat humans, or at least those who invade his territory. It is implied they are able to fish.
- Tuffnut wants a Whispering Death and thinks it's name is "... much better than Zippleback!". He and Ruffnut later state that the destruction they cause is 'beautiful'.
- The Whispering Death is the second dragon species to have the word "death" in its name, the first being the Red Death, the third being the Screaming Death, the fourth being the Sweet Death, and the fifth being the Death Song.
- According to its statistics, the shot limit of the Whispering Death is 2. But in What Flies Beneath, Whispering Death fires more than twice, continuously. According to School of Dragons they have a shot limit of 10 which would appear to be the case.
- It's unknown if the Whispering Death is afraid of eels, like most dragons.
- Young Whispering Deaths are more violent than adults, as they have less control of their jaws or their spines.
- Baby Whispering Deaths are able to fly as soon as they hatch.
- Whispering Deaths seem to be loyal to the Screaming Death.
- The Whispering Death resembles the Mongolian Death Worm, a mythical creature from Asia.
- According to School Of Dragons, Whispering Deaths can grow 95 feet long.
- In the Riders of Berk comic book series, it is shown that Whispering Deaths can be trained if they are babies. It is also shown that a dragon's fire can incubate and hatch a Whispering Death egg.
- A Whispering Death will back down against more than one dragon.